Eastern Promises: Great flick, but I was totally distracted throughout the entire movie with the pressing thought, "Man, any second now Viggo's wang is gonna make an appearance". Then sure enough, there it is. Eastern Promises scores four hot dogs and a grapefruit on Nick's Fancy Movie Rating Scale. Having now seen this I may have to go back and rearrange my top five best movies I didn't see last year.
Bug: I had only the vaguest of knowledge about this movie before I sat down to watch it. Some kind of horror movie with Ashley Judd and my favorite amber-locked crooner HC Jr. I'm really happy I chose to rent this film because it really blew me away. It's a fantastic one set-piece stage adaptation complete with soliloquies and jarring scene changes. I don't know that I've ever seen a more entertaining study on the wacky spiral into insanity. Bug gets two clumps of grapes and a handful of unsalted peanuts (without the skin) on Nicks Fancy Movie Rating Scale (here to for referred to as NFMRS).
The Thin Red Line: I'd never seen this before, I really love 'The New World' by Mallick. This film didn't disappoint. Simply put, Mallick does for me everything I want out of a film. I blockbusted his other two films, they should arrive next week. Eleven mangos, a rice ball, and a cartoon fish skeleton on NFMRS.
PS. Dbomb, you were right, my rock band drums are going bad, the pads can no longer keep up with the intensity of the harder songs. A new set is being sent ASAP for exchange.

No comments:
Post a Comment